Women in Freelancing Webinar Network – top tips for marketing your business online
5th July, online webinar
Top tips on how to market yourself, from a panel of experts
13th July, Work.Life, Camden NW1 8NP
The full line-up will be confirmed nearer the date.
Advanced CV Writing and LinkedIn for experienced contractors, from The CV & Interview Advisors
24th July, online webinar
Coming Soon – the launch of IPSE/QA Meet-ups
The details are in the process of being finalised, but in the near future you can expect to see several meet-ups IPSE and QA are producing in partnership. These meet-ups will be spread across the UK in co-working spaces, and be divided into various different subject matters. Expert speakers from QA will provide advice and guidance on the future of work and emerging technologies, amongst other topics.
Applications for these events will open in the coming months, so keep an eye on the IPSE events page and social media for updates.
The first meet-up will be on 29th July and will be targeted at Web Developers.
The CRSE – events progress
November 2015 saw the launch of the Centre for Research on Self Employment (CRSE), an innovative think tank devoted to understanding self-employment and its impact on the economy.
The think tank brings together the world’s leading academics from a wide range of disciplines to build a deeper body of knowledge about modern freelancing. IPSE was a catalyst in its creation.
The CRSE launch event has been shortlisted as a finalist for Event of the Year at the Trade Association Forum annual awards. The event acted as a springboard for vitally important follow-up projects:
- Release of ‘The Handbook of Research on Freelancing and Self-Employment’ which provides a comprehensive overview of the latest thinking on freelancing.
- Growing library of newly published research including videos and reports on freelancing trends, economic impact and more.
- Members of the CRSE presented at the notable European Academy of Management (EURAM) annual conference in Paris. A successful networking event hosted by the CRSE at the conference was attended by leading minds in the areas of entrepreneurship and solo self-employment.
- Future engagement with policy makers using academic research to address key issues effecting self-employment.
- Next annual research workshop: 24-25 November 2016.